New Technology Is Now Available for Healthcare Providers
Benefits of Patient Self-scheduling for COVID-19 Vaccines
The recent FDA-approval of COVID-19 vaccines has healthcare organizations across the nation trying to effectively and efficiently meet growing vaccination demands. Online patient-scheduling has already become a game-changer as a result of the pandemic. In response to this growing need, QliqSOFT deployed the COVID-19 Vaccine Assistant.
The new chatbot included patient self-scheduling to alleviate resources within health systems and call centers. Similar to the COVID-19 Assessment chatbot released in 2020, this chatbot focused on the emerging needs sparked by the pandemic.
There are many benefits to providing patient self-scheduling via a healthcare chatbot, here are a few:
- Direct access to available appointments
- Automated appointment reminders
- Improved second dose adherence
- Reduction in call center strain
- Efficient capture of secure patient intake information
- Real-time booking and calendar appointment confirmations
- Quickly identify patients as they arrive at locations
“Leveraging technology to address the challenges of vaccination distribution is critical to keeping front line staff available for direct patient care,” said Krishna Kurapati, CEO and founder of QliqSOFT. “The fact that this chatbot can be rapidly deployed and integrates with all EMRs, means that healthcare organizations don’t have to sacrifice data and transparency for speed.”
Some other ways healthcare providers can leverage chatbot technology to support their COVID-19 vaccination response include:
- Ability to set designated days and times for vaccine scheduling
- Provide patients with pre-screening questionnaires
- Auto-route patients to the appropriate location
- Answer frequently asked questions
- Make it easier for patients to plan and schedule both COVID-19 doses
- Automate patient outreach to specific patient subsets eligible to receive vaccinations
- Help elevate patient bottlenecks at vaccine locations
- Provide post-vaccination surveys and capture adverse reactions
Patient Portals Aren’t Enough
Did you know that fewer than 20% of patients utilize provider portals or download provider apps? Patients love chatbots with 70% of them reporting positive experiences, prefer real-time 24/7 conversations, get their questions answered more quickly and their issues addressed instantly.
Coryell Health needed a better way to meet the ever-growing demand of patient COVID-19 testing and vaccinations. They made the decision to implement a COVID-19 Vaccine Chatbot prior to an upcoming vaccine event and were able to fill more than 450 of their 700 available appointments and enable their 60+ nursing staff the ability to follow-up with patients more quickly while keeping patient information secure. Download their full case study here.
This is a true testament to the secure HIPAA-Compliant technology now available to support innovative healthcare organizations around the world.
Learn more about QliqSOFT’s COVID-19 vaccine assistant here.
QliqSOFT addresses the communication needs of healthcare organizations via its secure, scalable, modular Virtual Care Platform. The HIPAA-compliant platform, composed of QliqCONNECT Secure Messaging, AI-driven Quincy healthcare chatbots, on-demand Virtual-Visits, and real-time GPS-enabled resource management solution Visit Path, delivers an average of 1.2 million clinical messages exchanged across the U.S. daily and more than 6 months of live virtual care performed every 180 minutes. To learn more, visit www.qliqsoft.com.